Business Development Manager – North West
About The Role
Based from home and working within the fast-growing BauWatch UK sales and marketing team, we’re looking for an Business Development Manager to focus on growing our business in the North West of England.
In this role, you will responsible for maximising revenue and generating opportunities by promoting products and services to customers (see www.bauwatch.co.uk for the updated list). You will be identifying, negotiating and closing contracts with the aim of maximising market and sector penetration.
Even in our first year of trading in the UK, we have a suite of market leading solutions, some great customer case studies and an exciting story to tell…we just need you to help us tell it!
With a primary focus on construction, you will be prospecting both at an office and site level as well as targeting a range of built infrastructure and non-building assets.
Your role is key to delivering our brand promise of outstanding customer satisfaction and service, so a customer-focused attitude is imperative!
Key Tasks to Include:
- Prepare and deliver customer or market-based business plans to maximise revenue growth within a defined geography (North West)
- Support other regional BDMs with leads and conversions in their territories and work collaboratively to achieve national targets
- Use all available internal and external resources to research relevant markets and customers, ensuring opportunities are maximised
- Create (and record) new sales opportunities through targeted approaches, generating additional revenue channels for the business
- Promote the BauWatch brand, core values and mission statement
- Play an active and successful role in growing the BauWatch value proposition in the UK and establishing us as the market leader within the industry
- Full compliance with all H&S requirements, including use of correct PPE at all times.
- Target driven: Competitive in a collaborative way to achieve sales targets for yourself and the wider team
- Resilient: Ability to persevere and manage the pipeline from suspect to client
- Ability to use technology – general ability to use MS Office and programmes, including use of CRM systems (eg SalesForce)
- Quality-oriented: Committed to achieving and maintaining the intended quality. Strives for improvement. Convinces others of the importance of quality.
- Solution focused: Finds profitable outcomes for clients in the most efficient & effective way.
- Team player: Promotes mutual communication and relationships. Shares information smoothly with others. Supports others.
- Independent: Is able to carry out your own work properly and solve problems without supervision from others.
- Customer focus: Listens to the wishes and needs of the customer and adapt working method accordingly. Prioritise service and client satisfaction.
- Flexibility: Can easily adapt to a changing environment, working methods, working hours, tasks, responsibilities and behaviours of others.
- Friendly: Ability to ‘muck in’ as part of a fast-growing team with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach
- Happy to travel: full driving license with a maximum of three penalty points
What’s On Offer:
- Base salary of £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance (£6000)
- Generous individual and team bonuses with uncapped OTE
- 42.5 hours per week including paid lunch hour
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- In-house training, with external support as needed
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting time in the team’s growth
Please upload your CV via indeed by clicking here and include a covering note explaining why you think you’re the right candidate for us.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Commission pay
- Performance bonus
- Quarterly bonus
- Company car
- Company events
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday