HGV Class 2 Tower Placement Driver
About The Role
You’ll be working as part of our fast-growing BauWatch UK operations and fulfilment team based in our Northern hub. You will ensure that our products arrive to our customers site at the stated time and ready for operation! Customer experience will be the prime focus of your role ensuring that our every activity exceeds our customer’s expectation.
The Tower Placement Driver is responsible for loading their truck, delivering the tower to the site and placing it in the agreed location using a truck mounted crane. Once in position, the Driver is required to physically set-up the tower, connect power and contact the Service team to assist during the process to make the tower live at our customer’s site. In this role, you will responsible for maximising revenue and generating opportunities by promoting products and services to customers (see www.bauwatch.co.uk for the updated list). You will be identifying, negotiating and closing contracts with the aim of maximising market and sector penetration.
Key Tasks to Include:
- Loading of truck with towers utilising Forklift and truck-mounted crane unit.
- Driving BauWatch delivery truck on a national basis
- Delivery of Towers to our UK Customers
- Positioning of towers at site using truck-mounted crane unit
- Setting up of Towers at our customer site
- On-site liaison with the Service and ARC team to ensure mast is operational
- Liaison between the ARC, our customers and field service teams.
- Ensuring customers receive a consistently high standard of customer service
- When not performing core functions you will be working with team members to support the ongoing activities at our Regional Midlands operations hub.
- Qualified Driver:
- Full driving licence valid in the UK
- HGV Class 2
- Minimum of 2 years with no major infringements
- Experience of Construction Sites:
- Previous experience of multi-drop delivery driving in a construction environment.
- Ideally CSCS card
- Loading Experience:
- Able to drive a rigid with Lorry Mounted Crane/HIAB vehicle.
- HIAB Certification.
- Forklift Licence (desirable) but training can be provided.
- CPC and Digi Card.
- Ability to use technology – general ability to use MS Office and programmes
- Quality-oriented: Committed to achieving and maintaining the intended quality. Strives for improvement. Convinces others of the importance of quality.
- Solution focused: Finds profitable outcomes for clients in the most efficient & effective way.
- Team player: Promotes mutual communication and relationships. Shares information smoothly with others. Supports others.
- Independent: Is able to carry out your own work properly and solve problems without supervision from others.
- Customer focus: Listens to the wishes and needs of the customer and adapt working method accordingly. Prioritise service and client satisfaction.
- Flexibility: Can easily adapt to a changing environment, working methods, working hours, tasks, responsibilities and behaviours of others.
- Friendly: Ability to ‘muck in’ as part of a fast-growing team with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach
- Happy to travel/stay away overnight: This is a national driving role and overnight stays will be expected, with associated compensation and expenses
What’s On Offer:
- Base salary of £32,000 to £38,000 depending on experience
- Generous overtime policy, and team performance bonus scheme
- 42.5 hours per week including paid lunch hour
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- In-house training, with external support as needed
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting time in the team’s growth
Please upload your CV and covering letter via Indeed by clicking here.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
BauWatch UK are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery. The policies and practices of BauWatch UK aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,000.00-£38,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Monday to Friday
- construction site: 1 year (preferred)
- HGV Class 2 Licence (required)
- HIAB Certification (preferred)