Internal Service Engineer
About the Role
Based in the attractive rural location of East Haddon (North Northamptonshire), and working within the fast-growing BauWatch UK operations and fulfilment team, we’re looking for an Internal Service Engineer to join our expanding operations and fulfilment team.
As an Internal Service Engineer, you’ll work remotely from the office to do daily checks on all the cameras we have out on site, and to identify and plan the resolution of any technical issues that arise during hire.
You’ll work closely with our Operation Co-ordinator and other members of the Operations Team to attend to customer’s queries remotely using our innovative technology. If the issue requires a site visit, you’ll work with the internal team to ensure a regional Service Engineer attends the client premises and resolves the issue using your insights and brief to do so efficiently.
Your role is key to delivering our brand promise of outstanding customer satisfaction and service, so a customer-focused attitude is imperative!
Key Tasks to Include:
- Providing any support needed by the site-based Engineers when setting up our rapid deployment CCTV security systems
- Being the first point of call to identify malfunctions or technical problems and determining the right solution
- Use technology and your own experience to resolve any issues that can be dealt with remotely and briefing your colleagues out on site if a visit is needed for issue resolution
- Performing all common types of periodic remote maintenance.
- Keep up-to-date the necessary professional knowledge through self-study and participation in training sessions.
- Supporting other departments and testing in the development of new products and systems
- Customer liaison and communications link to other colleagues…including looking for opportunities for business development, and ensuring correct and complete customer paperwork.
- Full compliance with all H&S requirements, including use of correct PPE at all times.
- When not performing core functions you will be working with team members to support the ongoing activities at the team HQ.
- Occasional site activity may be required if customer demands/team resource issues dictate (ie holiday cover or large orders)
- Ability to use technology – general ability to use MS Office and programmes
- Technically skilled: Experience of using tools and technology to achieve results
- Quality-oriented: Committed to achieving and maintaining the intended quality. Strives for improvement. Convinces others of the importance of quality.
- Solution focused: Gets the problem fixed in the most efficient & effective way.
- Team player: Promotes mutual communication and relationships. Shares information smoothly with others. Supports others.
- Independent: Is able to carry out your own work properly and solve problems without supervision from others.
- Customer focus: Listens to the wishes and needs of the customer and adapt working method accordingly. Prioritise service and client satisfaction.
- Flexibility: Can easily adapt to a changing environment, working methods, working hours, tasks, responsibilities and behaviours of others.
- Friendly: Ability to ‘muck in’ as part of a fast-growing team with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach
- Happy to travel: full driving license and use of a suitable vehicle for site visits if and when required…but this is a predominantly office-based role
What’s On Offer:
- Base salary of £22,500 to £27,500 depending on experience
- 42.5 hours per week including paid lunch hour
- Generous overtime policy
- Participation in team bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- In-house training, with external support as needed
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting time in the team’s growth
Please click here to apply via Indeed
NO AGENCIES PLEASE