BauWatch entered the UK in early 2021 through the acquisition of two businesses. OnGarde Limited, the UK distributor for the BauWatch product range, and Sicuro a medium sized supplier of surveillance and CCTV systems to the UK construction and property industry.
The OnGarde business has now been renamed BauWatch UK and is investing significantly to build a national capability to supply and maintain BauWatch products and systems across the UK. As part of this development the business has established a UK HQ in Northants.
The Sicuro business is considerably more mature and is based from North East London. Supplying semi-permanent CCTV and camera surveillance systems to a large number of regional construction and property clients, the business provides an excellent opportunity to accelerate the introduction of BauWatch products through existing client networks, and, to complement BauWatch core products with their own portfolio of established sector focused products and solutions.
About the role
The recent appointment of a UK Head of Finance covering both of these businesses has resulted in a review of how the finance function is managed and created an opportunity for an in-house role of Management Accountant, supporting the Head of Finance and covering work that has been previously outsourced to our accountants.
The successful candidate will assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts for UK Group companies. This will include the year-end process, involving preparation for the statutory accounts and providing supporting information to both the international Group Finance team and the external audit team.
This role will suit someone who is on the pathway to being a Finance Director or Head of Finance, who has experience of managing month-end reporting, and with expertise in effective management of customer contracts, and best practice knowledge around management of the fixed asset register.
As a key point of contact for customers and other stakeholders, it’s important that you represent our brand values and work in the ‘BauWatch Way’:
Customer Focus: Every member of the team must understand how their role impacts our customer and therefore our success.
Entrepreneurial: the BauWatch story is defined by opportunity and growth. All of us should feel compelled to play our part in this journey with an entrepreneurial, exploratory and can-do mentality.
Together: At BauWatch, we do things together. We’re team players and appreciate the value and importance of mutual respect. We build on one another, create synergies and celebrate our success together.
Key Tasks Include:
- Work closely with the Head of Finance in the review & preparation of monthly management accounts
- Review balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure management accounts are completed to deadlines and in accordance with adopted policies and procedures
- Lead and support the annual audit process
- Maintain all bank reconciliations
- Preparation and maintenance of the General Ledger and other standard journals including Prepayments and Accruals
- Maintenance of intercompany accounts
- Planning and managing finance project work, including cross functional teams involving international colleagues
- Prepare papers to be presented at a senior level
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register
- Onboarding new customers into our accounts package
- Ensure all deadlines are met and work prepared appropriately
- Respond to business finance enquiries when necessary
- Lead the Quarterly VAT process
- Deputising for the HofF in their absence and other finance duties when required
- Experienced: Minimum 5 years of finance experience
- Qualified: Newly qualified CIMA /ACCA or similar
- Proactive: Can-do attitude. Problem solver, using systems and expertise on behalf of the business and/or employees
- Organised: Able to manage multiple tasks, often to a timeline
- Strong on Technology – Excellent at Excel, experienced in other MS Office programmes, SAP, Xero and other financial software experience would be beneficial
- Quality-oriented: Committed to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team player: Promotes mutual communication and relationships. Shares information smoothly with others. Supports others.
- Flexibility: Can easily adapt to a changing environment, working methods, working hours, tasks, responsibilities and behaviours of others.
- Friendly: Able to ‘muck in’ as part of a fast-growing team with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach
What’s On Offer:
- Full time role, with an option for flexible/hybrid solutions for the right candidate
- Annual salary of £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
- Participation in team bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- In-house training, with external support as needed
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting time in the team’s growth
Please apply via Indeed by clicking here with a covering note explaining why you think you’re the right candidate for us!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
BauWatch UK are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery. The policies and practices of BauWatch UK aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laindon, SS15 6SS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Fixed Assets: 1 year (preferred)
- Contract management: 1 year (preferred)
- Finance: 3 years (required)
- CIMA/ACCA accreditation (required)